Friday 26 July 2013

Where does the time go?

Who would have believed before I semi-retired that I would be so busy that I would hardly have time to write this blog?  My feet have not touched the ground in the last few weeks as we have been trying to decide who will fit our new kitchen for us.  We finally decided on B&Q.  Only time will tell if that is a good decision or not.  Over the last week we have had our friendly bathroom fitter, Phil, come and refurbish our cloakroom and utility room.  Interestingly, we used B&Q cabinets in the utility room and were somewhat astounded that all 3 base units were damaged when taken out of the box.  They all had minor nicks on various edges.  One of the units would not go together properly but there was no time to have it replaced.  As it won't fall apart and looks OK from the outside I said we'd just have to live with it.  As you can imagine, I am now a little nervous about the quality of cabinets we will get for the kitchen but will send them back if they are as bad.

Added to all that excitement we have done a fair bit of entertaining lately.  I love cooking and did an almost splendid meal for my cousin that came to see us at weekend.  I cooked all day on the Saturday but that made me realise how much I am looking forward to getting my new range cooker in September as I could have done the cooking in half the time with two ovens.  My fruit jelly made with rose wine was delicious but my chocolate and hazelnut cheesecake was less good as I did not spot that the recipe said to turn the oven down from 200 degrees to 130 degrees!!  I had thought it was far, far too hot and read the recipe several times.....obviously I need to go to Specsavers for some new glasses!!

The hot weather continues but it is possible we might have rain and cooler temperatures tomorrow......we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment